I practice mindfulness-based somatic psychotherapy to help clients to process and untangle core material that may be keeping them stuck in less than optimal patterns. Individual sessions can be a valuable support for:
- Clarifying purpose and path
- Addressing life and/or relationship challenges
- Personal inquiry and investigation
- Clearing and unwinding holding patterns in the body
- Spiritual direction and mentoring
Embodied Somatic Focus
My focus has always been on embodied and somatic approaches to healing and transformation, having started out as an educator, subtle energy bodyworker, yoga teacher, and yoga/massage therapist. Now as a therapist, I weave together traditional therapeutic approaches with mindful inquiry and awareness of breath; working with your present, felt experience, as it presents spontaneously. The results are processed through awareness-based inquiry, not as intellectual problem-solving, but as direct dialogue with the unconscious.
Areas of Specialization
- Anxiety and Depression
- Body Mind Integration
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Spiritual Mentoring and Support
- For those who reside in New Mexico where I am a licensed professional clinical mental health counselor, I am a participating provider with Presbyterian, Molina, and True Health New Mexico.
- I am out of network with all other insurance providers. Please contact your insurance company directly to find out about any out-of-network coverage provided by your policy.
- Sessions with clients who reside in other states fall outside of the scope of my licensure, which precludes submitting to insurance.
Let's Get Started
If you sense that working with me might help, I invite you to contact me to request a session.